.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Confessions of A Beautiful Mind

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i am a strange, bizarre and intoxicatingly special person. get to know me. i love caramel. that's all i know. bump chocolate and vanilla.

11 November 2005

oh i think they like me

today i was on the bus. it was a regular day. i woke up late so i really didnt put too much extra effort into getting dressed this morning. no makeup, no facy clothes, nothing. i'm chilling in my seatlistening to some live jill scott, floetry and alicia keys. i sprinkled a little john mayer into the playlist for extra effect (he does this hot marvin gaye cover). i'm zoned out because i have to mentally prepare myself. me and my crew about to stage a coup but that's neither here nor there. i'm listening to "the way" just getting in the zone, i catch a glimpse of myself in the glass. i am glowing and dreamy eyed. as i'm waiting for my bus to get to my school... the last stop on the route this man passes me. he says something twice but i cant hear him. i take my headphones out and says "i just wanted to tell you that you're so pretty". i am floored. all this time i always though that no one would find me attractive when i wasnt all done up. i even tell my friends "i know i'm no natural beauty". my hair wasnt spectacular, my face not done up. wow, i guess i am kind of cute. lately i have been being told i am simply glowing. so maybe that's it. i wish i knew the reason why so i could keep doing it. LOL. folks would say: love, sex, sucess, infatuation etc make you glow but i have none of that in my life right now. maybe i'm just getting to the point where i like myself for me and my increased confident is shining through.