.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Confessions of A Beautiful Mind

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i am a strange, bizarre and intoxicatingly special person. get to know me. i love caramel. that's all i know. bump chocolate and vanilla.

11 September 2005

quarter life crisis

i stole this term from my friend. anyway i am approaching 25. i mean for real it's next year. i make a remark about it to kriss and his response was "and?" (he says he wasnt being rude but then followed it up with another comment that let me know that he thought i was being foolish. you win some and you lose some). i figured out that if at the age of 23 you're doing better than the average person at this age and have accomplished all your goals then 25 wont affect you. half of people my age aren't at that point though so the reaction i got from kriss definitly isnt the typical one. other folks approaching 25 can feel my pain. my friend is turning 25 and his thoughtful agony over that fact triggered a little anxiety of my own. just like he isnt where he wants to be i am not either. i feel like the walls are closing in and this whole hurricane mess is making it worse. i havent touched a book all weekend because i have to tend to my family's buisiness while my dad is out of town. my brothers are completely dependant on their momma and i gotta fill that role this weekend while she is in louisiana. i barely get a chance to wipe my ass and then i gotta go run and do more shit for them. its rough and on top of that i have to go visit with my great aunt who is in pittsburgh, a katrina survivor as wel, in literally 5 minutesl. she doesnt want to be here and i dont blame her. all this at the tender age of 23 (nearly 24). maybe i'm getting the quarter life crisis out my system now so when i am actually 3 months away from 25 i wont go through it again.