.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Confessions of A Beautiful Mind

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i am a strange, bizarre and intoxicatingly special person. get to know me. i love caramel. that's all i know. bump chocolate and vanilla.

19 June 2005

Can I choose?

Okay folks, so do you all remember Nick Cannon? The gent started on nickelodion. He broke into movies as the drumming kid who made strange faces while saving his school's drum line. Then he moved so smoothly into hip hop. His brief foray included some hits such as Gigolo. Don't remember? Lemme refresh you're memory

I'm a gigolo, spending lot's a dough
You can tell the way wide-body, sitting on vogues
And how I'm shining, wit the fresh, fresh clothes
Always surrounded, by so many (HO!)
I'm a gigolo, always on the go
Every time I turn around, I got another show
In the club, wit about three in a row
Drop in the Six, 'cause I love them (HO!)
Okay great so since we had our brief history of Nick's illustrious careeer let's fast forward to 2005. Nick needs a hit ladies and gentleman. He needs to reach out past B2K's audience. He had a song which featured omarion before omarion debuted at #1 as a solo artist. So okay in the immortal words of Samantha from Sex and the City "First gays, then the girls" after that the industry is your oyster. Clearly Nick has no problem with the gays. NC and Omarion (you know Marques Houston and his love buddy Christ Stokes aint too far behind) got the game on lock. Nick has no problem with the girls either I dont get it but hey it aint me that gotta wake up to him every morning. Now he must finally go mainstream. How does he do it? Nick wakes up one fine morning and says 'hmm, my momma once told me she wanted to abort me so i am going to make up a song about what i thought when i was in her womb'.

Okay great Nick, you weren't aborted. But HOW can you put out songs about being a gigalo, loving "hoes" and swinging the dick in every hole it can find and then put out an essentially anti-choice song? its great your mom didnt abort you (yes i am being Jesus like today folks) but with you putting your little snake in every rabbit hole you're bound to have a little mighty man that just as determined as can be to find it's way into her egg. So what are you going to do? You want me to beleive if some chick that AINT wifey gets knocked you're going to tell her to keep it because the baby is inside talking about "can i live?" BULLSHIT. Your career ain't started yet (even if this bullshit DOES make it to number one on 106 & Park). You cant lose the girls by having a baby. You cant afford to lose the gays by letting them know you like vagina and you aren't a versatile bottom like they thought. You're going to tell chicky to get rid of "IT" because in your mind it aint a fetus thats screaming out "Can i live?" it's a little monkeywrench in your get rich quick scheme (because quite frankly you aint working with much in the talent or looks department sonny. oh and holla at a bowflex). it aint working for me nick. the little disclaimer at the end doesn NEGATE the message you're putting out there: "Ladies, i'll poke and leave. We both win, you f--k a superstar and i get my nut off but if your ass gets pregnant that's a wrap because you aint getting CRAP out of me." Nick I am sorry but can the ladies choose? Pro-Choice aint a sin.


post script: this post doesn't convey my personal feelings about what I would do if I got pregnant but I AM pro-choice for other women. I have no right to judge you and your decisions. I think it's HIGHLY hypocritical for men to put their two cents in what the hell you're going to do with YOUR body after a one night stand. You only get rights if you're the long term or the husband. P-E-R-I-O-D