.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Confessions of A Beautiful Mind

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i am a strange, bizarre and intoxicatingly special person. get to know me. i love caramel. that's all i know. bump chocolate and vanilla.

27 September 2005

the crowning glory

black people have been trained to an european standard of beauty. it started in slavery. i dont think i need to go into the very details of it. those of you who dont know should pick up a book and educate yourselves. black men idolize the most european looking of ethnic women everyday. all you have to do is turn on a music video. black women have hated their kinks for years. they relax and weave their hair up. admittedly i have a relaxer now but i have gone for year intervals without relaxing only to get frustrated at the amount of work it takes (i relax not out of self hate but out of laziness). my LS was just saying how she wishes her hair was shorter because it gives more options. i agree with her. i keep my hair short but i have had a lot of styles. her hair is pretty much: curly ponytail, straight ponytail, down and curly, straight and curly. so why so black women not take advantage of the versatility our texture gives us? instead we weave it up, dye, relax and ultimatly break off our hair to no end. you wont see me with blonde hair. why? because I LOVE my dark hair color. my hair crowns my beauty. i love myself to no end. i love my skin. i would never want to be another ethnicity. i hope the trend continues in the black community and we can ignore our men who still lust in ways slave owners have conditioned them to.